HOW DO YOU SET UP AN LTC?
LTCs: How do you set up or form an LTC* in New Zealand? It’s quite straightforward:
3. File your annual returns with IRD and NZCO^
However, there are a few decisions you’ll need to make:
- Who will be the company directors?
- How many directors will you have?
- Who will be the shareholders?
- How many shares will they own?
- What will be your company name?
- Will you have a website, and if so, is a suitable domain name available (which ties in with your company name)?
- What will be the address of your registered office?
- Will the company be an LTC?
- Will the company be registered for GST?
- Will the company be an employer?
- Will you maintain your own NZ Companies Office records?
- Will you file your annual NZ Companies Office return?
If this all sounds a bit daunting, don’t panic. There is lots of helpful info at companies.govt.nz, and they have a toll-free hotline.
Note that prices for company setup vary wildly in the marketplace, hence it pays to shop around. We can set up your LTC quickly and cost-effectively. Contact us for help and a free quote. Alternatively, if you’re ready to get started then go straight to our LTC set-up questionnaire here.
* Look-Through Company
^ New Zealand Companies Office