1. Form a company
2. Complete an LTC election and send it to IRD
3. File your annual returns with IRD and NZCO^
However, there are a few decisions you’ll need to make:
- Who will be the company directors?
- How many directors will you have?
- Who will be the shareholders?
- How many shares will they own?
- What will be your company name?
- Will you have a website, and if so, is a suitable domain name available (which ties in with your company name)?
- What will be the address of your registered office?
- Will the company be an LTC?
- Will the company be registered for GST?
- Will the company be an employer?
- Will you maintain your own NZ Companies Office records?
- Will you file your annual NZ Companies Office return?
Note that prices for company setup vary wildly in the marketplace, hence it pays to shop around. We can set up your LTC quickly and cost-effectively. Contact us for help and a free quote. Alternatively, if you're ready to get started then go straight to our LTC set-up questionnaire here.
* Look-Through Company
^ New Zealand Companies Office